Years In Practice
5-Star Client Reviews
Sometimes, entrepreneurs ask why we chose “Griffin” as our name, and how we built our branding, around that inspiration. Given who we serve, this is, of course, expected. So here’s the backstory, and It’s not because of an attorney’s last name. It’s actually much simpler.
We chose a Griffin to represent our practice because of what it represents. At inception, there are two key components of the Griffin mythology that were the inspiration for how we serve our clients:
- Griffins are known for guarding treasures and priceless posessions; and
- The usual depictions (the body of a lion, head and wings of an eagle) are thought to denote strength, courage and leaders.
There was also a third component that served as inspiration…
- Transparency. We wanted our clients to know that their interests were always at the forefront. We don’t believe in using “scare tactics” with clients, because we want relationships built on trust and communication.
We knew we wanted to serve entrepreneurs, and help them protect their most valued treasures – their family and their entrepreneurial activities. Much like the Griffin’s traits, we created a way to serve entrepreneurs in a way that guides them through the up’s and down’s of entrepreneurship (leadership), encourages them to pursue their passions (courage), and protect the assets they are working hard to accumulate (strength).
Most importantly, we wanted all of this to be built on a foundation of Trust and Transparency. We wanted our service to be thoughtful and clear, as we guide clients through the jungle of entrepreneurship, providing clarity to move forward. What better way to signify this than the natural contrast of black and white?
That is our commitment to you – a trusting, transparent relationship, keeping you at the forefront of all decision-making, providing you with the strength, courage and guidance to pursue your objectives, while helping to protect your “treasures” as you build your legacy.
Business Attorney - Licensed in CA & TX
Ever the entrepreneur, Matthew probably understands the plight of entrepreneurs better than most. In addition to his duties within the Griffin family, he also maintains an activer Real Estate Broker’s license and the responsible broker at Avenue 23 Realty, in addition to consulting activities through Aftokrat Academy LLC.
Not only does he spend his days speaking with entrepreneurs about their worries, goals and strategies, in a variety of contexts, but he is an entrepreneur as well!
How better to understand the frustrations of entrepreneurs, than someone who’s already dealt with them?
Matthew has been nominated for a number of awards over tenure as an attorney, including:
- Top 40 Under 40 in 2014 & 2015 (National Trial Lawyers)
- Top 100 in 2014 & 2015 (National Trial Lawyers)
- Featured on the cover of Hollywood Weekly! & Fox Hills Digest (2012)